A 40 minute strange phenomenon of the sun in combination with round light spots as a rainbow with different colors appeared in Gia Lai province yesterday morning.
Many light spots cover the sun (Photo: Pham Hong Thanh Phu - A witness)
Facing to the strange phenomenon in the sky, local people were very surprise and used mobile phones or cameras to save images and posted them to social media.
A witness shared that it had been very rare so far for him. Many of his friends flocked outside to see in the sky. In order to save the moment, he immediately shot and shared the video to social media.
Head of the Central Highlands Hydrology Meteorology Forecast Center Pham Vu Tuan, the optical phenomenon named light refraction as the sun shined mostly transparent clouds, created by ice crystals which would not affect to environment and atmosphere.
The optical phenomenon sometimes appears in European and tropical countries, added Mr. Tuan.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Vietnam soldier grows 30 years older in 3 years
» Rainbow Without Colour competes at international film fest
» That Facebook rainbow filter you've been using? It was created by 2 interns
Latest Category Posts
- Female scientists contribute to developing nanotechnology in Vietnam
- Three students in Hue turn sea waves into power
- Prof. Nguyen Kim Phi Phung wins Kovalevskaia awards 2016
- Vietnamese researchers work hard to keep crossbred gayal bull gene
- VN scientists featured in elite journal
- Two 5th graders win idea contest for underground storm machine
- Vietnam scientists issue warning about ozone generators
- Vietnamese scholars win four US scientific research awards
- Scientists argue about technology to clean sea dirtied by Formosa incident
- Hanoians to see Perseid meteor shower early Friday morning